MEN'S FLAG FOOTBALL LEAGUE
SEASON START DATE:
Early June 2014 - End of July 2014
To Be Determined
This is a Mandatory Meeting, so if the Team Captain is unable to attend, another representative from the team must be present.
FLAG FOOTBALL KICK-OFF HAPPY HOUR:
To Be Determined
Thursday Night League - Casual & Competitive (VFFA Rules) Conferences
Sunday Night League - Casual, Competitive (VFFA Rules), & Elite (VFFA Rules) Conferences
Each team will play 8 regular season games plus playoffs (if you qualify).
Game will play between 8pm – 11pm.
Playoffs will be held the week following the regular season.
The number of teams that make it to the play-offs will be determined by FXA, but is typically the Top Half.
- Casual Division - This division is non-contact (except at the line) and should be played by recreational players only and allows players new to flag football & less experienced players to play a fun game of football without VFFA Rules. This division is suggested for new FXA teams or teams with under 3 seasons experience.
- Competitive Division - This division uses VFFA Rules (Bump-n-Run, FGs / PATs, & Kick-offs) and should be played by experienced (youth, high school, or college) players or very athletic players that are looking for a competitive game built around other strong teams. This conference is suggested for teams with 3 - 6 seasons flag football experience.
- Elite Division - This division uses VFFA Rules (Bump-n-Run, FGs / PATs, & Kick-offs) and is our most intense and competitive division. With experienced teams and players, this division offers a consistent high level of play and very competitive games, best suited for players who have played organized flag football for more than 4 years and are in good physical condition. This conference is suggested for teams with over 6 seasons flag football experience.
*The Elite Championship team will play for FREE the following FXA season. If that same team wins back-to-back Championships, FXA will also pay their $200 VFFA State Championship Tournament entry fee!
FXA reserves the right to move your team to a different conference at any time including playoffs to competition evenly matched!
If a game is canceled due to inclement weather, make-up games may be rescheduled on a different day to keep the season on schedule. Blast text messages/emails will be sent to all roster players when games are canceled or you can call the FXA Hotline at (703) 382-9111 x20. It will also be posted on the website, and canceled games will show a red line through them.
*Please Note - Depending on the number of teams in each conference, make-up games may be played on a different day to keep the season on schedule.
All Games will be played on Turf Fields located in Fairfax County.
- The Thursday Night & Sunday Night Casual Leagues (Non VFFA) fee is $740.
- The Thursday, or Sunday Night Competitive & Elite League fee is $825 per team.
INDIVIDUAL (FREE AGENT) FEES:
The fee is $60.
You must make payment at time of registration.
Each team shall field eight players. Click on the Rules Tab for complete rulebook.
The league fee includes 8 regular season games (plus playoffs if you qualify), 2-3 experienced referees per field, Pop Style Flag Belts, sideline markers/end-zone pylons, painted/lined football fields, and beer/food specials after the games!
*Please note - The Pop Style Flag-a-Tag Flag Belts will now be provided by FXA, so teams no longer need to buy/bring their own flag belts. With that said, if you're interested in selling your Pop Style Flag-a-Tag Flag Belts to FXA, send us an email to
. We will pay good money for good - new condition belts.
Click on the Team Registration or Individual (Free Agent) Registration Tabs to Register.
Registration ends on Sunday,June 1, 2014.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click here for information and frequently asked questions about the league and registration.
AGE REQUIREMENTS (NEW):
Males must be 21 years or older to participate in Fairfax Athletics.
PLAYER REGISTRATION (NEW):
Before any player can participate in FXA, he/she must complete the player registration and add them self to the team(s) roster using the registration links sent to the captain (or individual that registered the team) in the registration confirmation email. It is the responsibility of the Team Captain to make sure every player has completed this player registration.
FXA Registration fees are refundable only at the discretion of Fairfax Athletics.
*Assumes 10 or more teams register for the Elite League.