WOMEN'S FLAG FOOTBALL LEAGUE
SEASON START DATE:
2nd Week of April 2015 - End of May 2015
- To Be Determined
- This is a Mandatory Meeting, so if the Team Captain is unable to attend, another representative from the team must be present.
FLAG FOOTBALL KICK-OFF HAPPY HOUR:
To Be Determined
- Each team will play 8 regular season games plus playoffs (if you qualify).
- Games will play between 1pm – 3pm.
- Playoffs will be held the week following the regular season.
- The number of teams that make it to the play-offs will be determined by FXA, but is typically the Top Half.
FXA Weekend Flag Football has 1 Casual Division
- Casual Division
- This division should be played by recreational players only.
- Allows players new to flag football & less experienced players to play a fun game without the intensity or pressure of winning.
- Suggested for teams with 1 - 4 seasons of experience.
If a game is canceled due to inclement weather, make-up games may be rescheduled on a different day to keep the season on schedule. Blast text messages/emails will be sent to all roster players when games are canceled or you can call the FXA Hotline at (703) 382-9111 x20. It will also be posted on the website, and canceled games will show a red line through them.
*Please Note - Depending on the number of teams in each conference, make-up games may be played on a different day to keep the season on schedule.
The games will be played at Grass Fields in Fairfax County. Fields are still TBD.
- $600 per team.
- Registration Closes on Sunday, March 22nd 2015 at 11:59pm
INDIVIDUAL (FREE AGENT) FEES:
- $45 for Females.
- Registration Closes on Sunday, April 5th, 2015 at 11:59pm
- You must make payment at time of registration.
- Each team shall field eight players
- Non Contact League (Like Co-ed Leagues)
- Click on the League Info Tab, and Select Women's League Rules for the complete rule book.
- 8 regular season games (plus playoffs if you qualify)
- 2 experienced referees per field
- Sideline markers & end-zone pylons
- Painted / lined football fields
- Flag belts
- Beer / food specials after the games!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click here for information and frequently asked questions about the league and registration.
AGE REQUIREMENTS (NEW):
- Females must be 18 years or older to participate in Fairfax Athletics.
PLAYER REGISTRATION (NEW):
Before any player can participate in FXA, he/she must complete the player registration and add them self to the team(s) roster using the registration links sent to the captain (or individual that registered the team) in the registration confirmation email. It is the responsibility of the Team Captain to make sure every player has completed this player registration.
FXA Registration fees are refundable only at the discretion of Fairfax Athletics.
*Assumes 10 or more teams register for the Competitive League.