SATURDAY or SUNDAY
CO-ED FLAG FOOTBALL LEAGUES
SEASON START DATE:
Early September 2014 - Mid November 2014
To Be Determined
This is a Mandatory Meeting, so if the Team Captain is unable to attend, another representative from the team must be present.
FLAG FOOTBALL KICK-OFF HAPPY HOUR:
- Saturday Co-ed League - Casual & Competitive Conferences
- Sunday Co-ed League - Casual & Competitive Conferences
Teams can play in both leagues, as they are 2 separate leagues.
- Each team will play 8 regular season games plus playoffs (if you qualify).
- Saturday games will play between 9am – 3pm. Sunday games will play between 8am - 1pm on Sunday
- Playoffs will be held the week following the regular season.
- *Top 4 Teams in Casual will make playoffs, and the top half # of teams in competitive will make playoffs
FXA Weekend Flag Football moving forward will have 2 Divisions - Casual & Competitive.
- Casual Division - This division should be played by recreational players only and allows players new to flag football & less experienced players to play a fun game without the intensity or pressure of winning. Suggested for teams with 1 - 4 seasons of experience. This division uses the Break-Away Flag Belts.
- Competitive Division - This division should be played by experienced (youth, high school, or college) players or very athletic players that are looking for a competitive game built around other strong teams. Suggested for teams with over 4 seasons experience. This division uses the Sonic Flag-a-Tag Pop Flag Belts. *The Competitive Championship team will play for FREE the following FXA season.
FXA reserves the right to move your team to a different conference at any time, including playoffs!
If a game is canceled due to inclement weather, make-up games may be rescheduled on a different day to keep the season on schedule. Blast text messages/emails will be sent to all roster players when games are canceled or you can call the FXA Hotline at (703) 382-9111 x20. It will also be posted on the website, and canceled games will show a red line through them.
*Please Note - Depending on the number of teams in each conference, make-up games may be played on a different day to keep the season on schedule.
- The Saturday games will play at Arrowhead park in Chantilly & London Town ES in Centreville
- The Sunday Co-ed League games will play at London Town ES and Centreridge ES in Centreville
London Town ES Field in Centreville
Team Fee is $695 per team.
The charge for individuals is $30 for females & $60 for males
You must make payment at time of registration using PayPal (which excepts all major credit / debit cards.)
Each team shall field eight players, with at least three women at all times. Every 3rd play must be a "female play" (see rules for more details). Click on the Rules Tab for complete rule book.
The league fee includes 8 regular season games (plus playoffs if you qualify), 2 experienced referees per field, sideline markers & end-zone pylons, painted / lined football fields, flag belts, and beer/food specials after the games!
Click on the Team Registration or Individual Registration (Free Agent) Tabs to Register.
Player Payment Team Registration ends on Sunday, August 17, 2014
Full Team Registration / Individual Registration ends on Sunday, August 31, 2014
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click here for information and frequently asked questions about the league and registration.
AGE REQUIREMENTS (NEW):
Females must be 18 years or older to participate in Fairfax Athletics.
Males must be 21 years or older to participate in Fairfax Athletics.
PLAYER REGISTRATION (NEW):
Before any player can participate in FXA, he/she must complete the player registration and add them self to the team(s) roster using the registration links sent to the captain (or individual that registered the team) in the registration confirmation email. It is the responsibility of the Team Captain to make sure every player has completed this player registration.
FXA Registration fees are refundable only at the discretion of Fairfax Athletics.
*Assumes 10 or more teams register for the Competitive League.